Let AB be the given line segment to be divided into unequal parts say 1/6 ,1/5 ,1/ 4 ,1/3 ,1/ 2 .
- Draw a line segment AB of given length.
- Draw perpendiculars AD and BC at points A and B. Complete the rectangle ABCD
- Join diagonals AC and BD intersecting at E.
- Draw perpendicular from E on AB and find intersection point F.
- Now AF = 1/ 2 AB
- Join D and F. The segment FD intersects the diagonal AC at G. Drop perpendicular from G to A. Then AH = 1/3 AB
- Similarly make constructions as given in the figure to obtain 1/ 4 AB , 1/5 AB and 1/6 AB